The Osgood-Schlatter Show
Rob wanted to do a show, so he rented space at Under St. Marks for four Saturdays in a row. He opened every show with a bit/sketch then featured his friends doing stuff. This continued over the next three or four years on a frequent basis. It was featured at the UCBT for a while as a place for people to try out stuff, eventually being replaced by Liquid Courage. Will Hines wrote his first sketches ever for this crazy thing, often for Rob.
Among Rob's most prominent routines to debut at Osgood:
- 7th Grade Girls Basketball Coach telling stand-up jokes about refs (originally Mark Cuban)
- Speed Eater
- High-Energy guy (eventually Get Psyched Dr. Lanny Latham)
- Guy who is always getting pranked
- Guy who keeps joining cults
- Guy who wears headgear and loves AC/DC more than anything
Other People's Bits
- Ptolemy making everyone promise to close their eyes, then taking off his clothes, which everyone saw
- Ptolemy directing several mostly improvised sketches including one where half of it happened backstage -- performed twice in a row to show each half.
- Brett Gelman as a landlord talking about turning his life around
- Will Hines accidentally masturbating to himself
- Jane Borden's butchy R.A. character
- Chris Kula narrating Rob as "shitty chess player."
- Rob Huebel as a Guardian Angel trying to recruit people
- Jackie Clarke with early versions of her one-woman show
- Curtis and John improvising several sets
- Charlie Sanders and Police Chief Rumble debuted their sketch Truth at Osgood.
The show was performed at the Ha! Comedy Fest in 2003.
List of all sketches performed at the Osgood-Schlatter Show from 2002-2003.
Not to be confused with Osgood-Schlatter disease, a disorder of the knee joint.
Rob was arrested hanging posters to promote this show.