Josh replaced Christine Nangle in September 2009 after Christine was hired as a staff writer for Saturday Night Live.
For their first six months, the team's primary coach was Gavin Speiller. Brian Faas is their most frequently employed sub. The Bishop's most notorious coach, Zordax the Mutilator, continues to hassle the team and plead for their friendship from time to time. He can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Intro: "Heaven is a Place On Earth," by Belinda Carlisle
- Outro: "Die Meistersinger von Nürnberg; Prelude to Act I" by Richard Wagner
The intro music was known to change without notice, often playing the original selection of "Ain't No Mountain High Enough," or the theme from Disney/PIXAR's "Up."
The Bishop started with the Invocation, moved on to an opening of their own invention, then back to The Invocation.
For a chronicle of information about any changes the Bishop might be making, visit The Bishop Changed Their Opening Outrage Blog
- The Bishop's starter name was Kiddie Laptop, an anagram of Katie Dippold.
- The Bishop was named through a relatively short process in which the members suggested over a hundred names and whittled the list down to twenty, after which they met at McManus to determine the final one. After they had determined the top eight names, Jim Santangeli walked over to the booth and asked to see the list so he could pick his favorite. He pored over the remaining names and definitively bellowed, "The Bishop!"
- Christine Nangle was not present at the meeting to determine the team name, but briefly attended via speakerphone.
- The Bishop made their UCBT debut at Cagematch, the week before their first Harold Night.
- The Bishop's primary post-rehearsal gathering spot is Chef Yu.