From IRC Improv Wiki
- All participants create a circle by wrapping each others' arms around their shoulders, facing inward.
- The "Leader" suggests an emotional situation or state of being that could be personified by a Muppet (e.g., Jealous Muppet, Nervous Muppet, Orgasmic Muppet, Last Breath Muppet, etc.).
- All bow their heads and focus on the floor in the center of the circle.
- The Leader counts aloud to three at a marching pace.
- During the counting of the Leader, participants silently and secretly choose another participant (without alerting that participant).
- In the space where the Leader would (but doesn't) say the number four, the participants look up and attempt to lock eyes with their choice.
- If a participant successfully locks eyes (i.e., they both happened to choose each other), they get to make a one second verbal and facial impression of the suggested Muppet.
- If a participant does not successfully lock eyes with his or her choice, then they wait quietly for one second, staring at their choice.
- After one second, all participants bow their heads and focus again on the floor in the center of the circle.
- The Leader counts again to three, and the process repeats itself as desired, with the participants choosing to lock eyes with different people each time.
Some notes about Muppet Faces:
- This can be done with just one suggestion, or by changing suggestions after a satisfying amount of turns.
- The Leader may also be a participant.