From IRC Improv Wiki
Revision as of 18:59, 11 October 2009 by Gadfly (Created the page)
Montage is a long form improv structure.
- Ask the audience for a suggestion.
- Start the first scene based on that suggestion.
- When there is an appropriate time to edit, a player on the back row edits the scene
- The player that edits the scene starts a new one.
- Repeat the editing process until you have a few story lines going.
- Once a comfortable number has been reached, revisit your previous scenes, trying to incorporate the new information that has been offered in other scenes.
- Draw the story lines to a conclusion
- End the show when you have concluded all or several of the story lines.
- When a player edits the scene, the next scene can be directly inspired by the previous scene or suggestion.
- Have characters from multiple story lines interact, possibly creating new or solving old problems.