fwand was a New York City based Harold Team at The Upright Citizens Brigade Theatre. They performed on Harold Night from September 5, 2006 until April 29, 2008. They were known for themed Harolds and for having an amazing group mind despite having several Fleetwood Mac-esque affairs backstage.
At first, fwand opened with the Invocation which most of its members had done when performing together on Mailer Daemon. Feeling that that was getting stale, they worked with their coach Chris Gethard to use sound-and-movement to do a brief opening, and then again in between each scene. When the team had difficulty with this challenging form, Gethard goaded the team "Some people say fwand isn't smart enough to handle this kind of opening." Soon the team had mastered it, letting the sound-and-movement inform their second beats and group games in surprising ways. It ended up becoming one of the signature styles of their shows.
Shannon O'Neill has gone on to teach this form of Harold in her level 501 improv classes. Many have criticized this as a tacky exploitation of the group's work.
Edit: Sean Hart would like to say he is now taking classes at the Magnet where he hopes his considerable talent will be appreciated.
- The scab Harold
- The Christmas Harold, where everyone in every scene had a mug of hot cocoa.
- The ghost Harold
- The Shannon O'Neill Harold (her final show before moving to The Stepfathers, where she was in every scene)
- The 9/11 Harold, broadcast live from Ground Zero.
- The team received a standing ovation after performing their final show with the entire cast in March 2008.
- The team performed under the name Fwa from April 1 to April 29, 2008.
- The team reunited on October 4th, 2008 to perform at Fat Penguin's one-year anniversary show. The lineup included every member of fwand except for Ellie Kemper and Sean Hart. This is the only fwand show to feature Shannon O'Neill and Chelsea Clarke performing together.
- The f in fwand is lowercase, and some members put an umlaut over the a
- Dominic Dierkes hated the name fwand until he realized the team was good, then he stopped bitching about it.
- Some retards on the team wanted to call the team Shampoo Effect.
- Sean Hart initially refused to be on the team claiming he wanted to stick with the lackluster group, Beatrice.